View on Github
Accel-Sim v1.1.0 has officially been released!
Accel-Sim is a simulation framework for simulating and validating programmable accelerators like GPUs. For full details, please see our recent ISCA 2020 paper and download slides from here. To keep you up-to-date with the recent news, please join our Google group here!
If you use GPGPU-Sim 4.x, trace-driven simulation, or any of the Accel-Sim components in your research, please cite:
Using NVIDIA's machine ISA (SASS), integrated into
GPGPU-Sim 4.0's performance model, Accel-Sim is highly
correlated to contemporary NVIDIA architectures. Accel-Sim
provides a streamlined workflow to generate detailed correlation
information with little effort.
Simulate SASS for any CUDA App
No functional implementation required. Trace any CUDA binary, including those using cuBLAS, cuDNN, pyTorch, etc. If it runs in silicon: you can simulate it with mininal effort in Accel-Sim.
Building an extensible simulation for rapidly-evolving GPU architecture is challenging. Accel-Sim is built to ensure it is up-to-date with industrial designs and reduces the simulation accuracy gap between academia and industry on an ongoing basis.
Accel-Sim OverviewAccel-Sim consists of four main components:
- Accel-Sim Tracer: An NVBit tool for generating SASS traces from CUDA applications.
- Accel-Sim SASS Frontend: A simulator frontend that consumes SASS traces and feeds them into a performance model. The intial release of Accel-Sim coincides with the release of GPGPU-Sim 4.0, which acts as the detailed performance model.
- Accel-Sim Correlator: A tool that matches, plots and correlates statistics from the performance model with real hardware statistics generated by profiling tools.
- Accel-Sim Tuner: An automated tuner that automates configuration file generation from a detailed microbenchmark suite.
- Introduction: The Accel-Sim ISCA 2020 paper [paper, slides, video]
- Beginner guide and how to use: Accel-Sim beginner manual
- Accel-Sim per-component manuals:
- Nvbit tracer
- Collecting HW stats
- Collecting simulation stats
- Accel-Sim's Trace-driven front-end
- Performance model manual:
- Multi-GPU simulation
- MLPerf traces
- NVIDIA's Ampere architecture modeling and traces
- AMD model and AMD-GCN traces support